Construction Crew – Enhanced Telecommunications Corporation
Installs and repairs buried and aerial cable and other related communications Places and maintains cable within underground conduit systems. Maintains right-of-ways, including patching roadways and backfill areas. Participates in construction operations, operating trenching machines, and installing ground wires in pedestals. Operates digging and trenching equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintains right-of-ways by trimming trees, patching roadways and back-fill areas, and landscaping.
• Assists with placement of direct buried cable by operating plowing, digging and trenching equipment. Restores all disturbed surfaces including concrete and pavement surfaces to acceptable condition.
• Performs related construction tasks as required, i.e. moving equipment on trailers with trucks with 26,001 lbs. gross or more – Commercial Driver’s License is required.
• Installs ground wires and marks new pedestals as appropriate.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of telephone line construction process.
• Knowledge of telecommunications plant operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
• Ability to work outside in all type of weather conditions.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent plus one year of experience in telephone plant operations, construction and/or equipment maintenance. CDL License is required.
Please send your full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-623-1245 during business hours on Fridays.
123 Nieman St, Sunman, IN 47041-8931, United States