Funeral Services Assistant
FUNERAL SERVICES ASSISTANT - Part Time
Meyers Funeral Home a family-owned business in Batesville serves the southeastern portion of Indiana by providing cremations and funerals with dignity and compassion for all families.
Part-time position opening - perfect for someone not quite ready to retire or a bus driver with extra time, fire/police or just someone looking to help families in the community, while earning extra funds.
Hourly Position, Type of Service Pay & other incentives based on availability and qualifications.
• *Assist with visitations, memorial and funeral services.
• *Assist in removals on at-need/on-call basis in homes or hospitals
• Prepares for services to include setting up floral arrangements, chairs, caskets, urns, photos and other personal
mementos of client families and delivering flowers and personal items back to the families.
• Run errands such as, picking up of supplies, documents, etc.
• Serves as an usher and may park cars or perform any transportation requirements for services or removals.
• Greets families and guests as they attend funeral services.
• Help prepare facility between services - setting chairs, restocking lounge and taking vehicles to car wash.
• Ability to lift 50-75lbs*
• Valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required
• Professionalism with compassion on the job