Batesville is looking for a Production Associate to join our team in Batesville, IN. At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, our focus lies in delivering meaningful solutions to help families honor the lives of those they love®.
As a Production Associate, you will be responsible for product assembly, proper care and handling of inventory and always following safe practices and standard work procedures.
What Batesville Offers You:
• Competitive pay starting at a minimum $20.09/hour with $1.00 increase after 90 calendar days.
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more offered after 90 calendar days.
• Onsite Health and Wellness Center with FREE office visits and some FREE generic prescription medications.
• Generous 401K Matching Program – 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of associate contributions.
• Opportunities for development and advancement
• Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
What You Will Do:
• Build and assemble caskets according to safety and quality standards.
• Communicate effectively.
• Be a team player who can work independently.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Ability to work weekend and overtime.
• Ability to follow Safety Standards and Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
• Previous manufacturing or assembly experience preferred, but not required.
• Dependable, honest, and quick learner, good communication skills and team player
• Ability to learn new skills at a fast pace.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Who we are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
• Individual worth and integrity
• Excellence in execution
• Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
• Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need.
*These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO: At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.