Shelter Support Advocate
Safe Passage, Inc., a top notch, regional provider of services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence is looking for Advocates to work at the Batesville shelter. Responsibilities include:
• Response to crisis hotline calls with clear, effective communication
• Trauma-informed, client-centered support to clients living in the shelter that includes safety planning, referrals, and wellness programming
• Completion of intakes on new clients entering shelter and routine case documentation
• Monitoring of safety and security of the facility
• Light cleaning and meal preparation.
Qualified candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays. Computer competence with MS Word, email, and other basic platforms required. Education and experience in social services a plus. Safe Passage offers a supportive and positive work environment, competitive wages, healthcare benefits and generous paid time off.